Looking for a get-away in February?
As we mentioned in the January Get-Away blog posting…its still winter so you can still get outside and enjoy the great outdoors. Check out the free guided hikes and x-country skiing the awesome Harris Center leads on the events list below).
A special for the winter…stay with us, bring your skis (downhill or x-country) and save $10 per night off our standard rate.
If music, theater and exhibitions sound good to you, Harlow’s Pub has Celtic music every Tuesday, Open Mic on Wednesdays and a variety of hip artists rotating through on the weekends (see the listings below). Peterborough Players offers its “Arts on Screen – Live in HD” series while the Folk Music Society and Bass Hall will host more great concerts.
There’s also a new exhibit opening at the Monadnock Center for History and Culture. Check out “Hooked: the History of Fishing in the Monadnock Region.
Peterborough also has a wonderful 100 seat intimate and cozy movie theater that shows first run movies. There’s just one screen so check the listing but it is a great alternative to the mega multiplexes of today!
If your preference is to just get away and do nothing. Little River B&B offers rooms with cozy gas stove fireplaces and several common rooms for curling up with a good book. Downtown has fabulous dining options and the pedestrian friendly shopping district is filled with unique independent shops.
Check out our Events Calendar for more details but here’s a list of things going on nearby that might be of interest to you (we will continue to update the blog post as more events get announced).
- Feb 1-4: Peterborough Players presents “Mass Appeal“
- Feb 2: Little River B&B celebrates ten years of hosting guests 😁 and Happy Groundhog’s Day!!!
- Feb 3: Northern Stone/Sheepdip live at Harlow’s Pub
- Feb 4: Keene Snow and Ice Festival
- Feb 4: Music – Music at Bass Hall presents Cold Chocolate – a unique sound that fuses bluegrass and folk with a dash of funk
- Feb 4: Phileep live at Harlow’s Pub
- Feb 5: BOLSHOI Ballet in HD @ Peterborough Players presents Swan Lake
- Feb 8-11: Peterborough Players presents “Mass Appeal“
- Feb 11: Eric Gagne live at Harlow’s Pub
- Feb 12: Harris Center guided hike of the Eastview Rail Trail in Hancock & Harrisville
- Feb 14: Happy Valentine’s Day 😘
- Feb 15-18: Peterborough Players presents “Steel Magnolias“
- Feb 18: Harris Center guided x-country ski of Tenney Pond in Hancock
- Feb 18: Music – Peterborough’s Folk Music concert @ Bass Hall presents Dala – winners of the 2010 Canadian Folk Music Award for Vocal Group of the Year
- Feb 19: National Theater in HD @ Peterborough Players presents Hangmen
- Feb 22-25: Peterborough Players presents “Steel Magnolias“
- Feb 24: Music – Music at Bass Hall presents Los Sugar Kings
- Feb 25: Mardi Gras celebration with Folksoul live at Harlow’s Pub
- Feb 25: Live at The Met in HD @ Peterborough Players presents Rusalka